Saturday, March 4, 2023

Rear bodywork - shrink and stretch

 I have made my back-top panel, which will support the sides. The folded (or rather slapped-down sides have been shrunk so as to form the radius of the boat-back, using my treadle shrinker. Incidentally, I made the treadle system during lock-down.


I formed two right-angle sectioned stringers which have been edge-shrunk to the same profile as the side of the back-top panel. I know that sounds complicated, but all will become clear.




These right-angular stringers will make the body-sides hold their shape, parallel to the slapped top panel edges.






No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...