Wednesday, October 11, 2023

trailer mods

My wonderful trailer was designed for a slightly shorter load than I need it for. The boat-back of my cyclekart sticks out 6" beyond its rear wheels. It will be accommodated in an extension box which I fitted to the trailer today.

What I designed comes in two parts, which I fabricated in my workshop:

1 A wooden box made of scrap ply.
2 A steel frame made with 20mm angle iron, with tabs for securing the box. 

Today I cut the front steel strap, cut a hole in the front, mounted my angle iron frame through the hole and bolted the box to it.



in-place but not fitted







I ran out of time at the hangar today, so need to go back to finish bolting and sealing the unit. But for now I am really pleased with how this went.

One final thing to be done after fully securing the box will be making a steel strap to continue the line around the front, but this will simply be an aesthetic detail.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...