Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Fitting the floor

 A few days ago my partner and I had a new kiln controller installed, and I got chatting with the engineer about my projects, and he offered me some scrap metal left over from working on large installations. He reckoned I was doing him a favour emptying his van! Generous chap! As a result, I got all the aluminium treadplate I need! From it I made the floor of my Bédélia, which I fitted today. It sits of brackets which I plug-welded earlier. 

It took a fair bit of fettling because I had to file away at the edge to fit it round the supporting brackets. 



I drilled though the brackets beneath. Then bolted the floor down. This is temporary, as the nuts will eventually be welded captive under the car. Not sure which fixings to use yet, but spring washers will be used. Will probably use button headed hex fittings.

    

I supported the kart on wood and sat on the floor, now taut, and it held fine.



.




No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...