Friday, May 6, 2022

drive set-up

 The last couple of evenings I have been playing with my drive set-up and the best news is that I have found a set-up which doesn't clash with other parts, so that I don't have to grind any webs off. I tried to set my TAV pointing down to 4 o'clock, but that means either that my engine needs to be higher than my chassis rails or that my TAV will be closer to the ground. I have tried 1 o'clock, but that means that the shaft bearing housing gets in the way (though taking the tank off to accommodate it seems a good idea anyway - more about this later). Then I tried 12 o'clock - and that was just right! (bit like the Three Bears!)


1 o'clock

12 o'clock


The sloping board represents the seat-back, rear bulkhead. 
Removing the tank improved clearance for this




The only concern here is the exhaust manifold, which puts the exhaust in line with the top of the chain-run. I have removed the exhaust, which I will be replacing anyway, and will be making an exhaust which goes through the middle of the chain-run, keeping it well clear, but also making the bend less extreme for a smooth flow of gas.




Fortunately, a friend has a pipe bender. 😏






No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...