Friday, June 10, 2022

magic trick

The narrow engine frame front has to accommodate my legs and feet rather that a V-twin inline, so needs to be wider than the original. I have been worried about how wrong this will make the front of my car look. It will show most at the top, next to the fuel tank. So I have been playing with various upright arrangements using scrap wood, so that my plan-view engine frame top will be narrower than the chassis rail bottom. And I think I am nearly there. The only trouble is that I will need to cut away some of the verticals, internally. You will see what I mean later




Incidentally, I am not sure how I am making my faux tank yet, but that front dome is the shell of a 2CV headlight and may do the trick.

In other exciting news, Chris Brown very kindly sent me some spare springs left over from his own Morgan sliding pillar suspension experiments, so that I can work out what sizes I will need, which was incredibly generous of him.






No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...