Tuesday, July 12, 2022

nose suspension

 Today I have spent some time on my central suspension, having previously made the sloping uprights and their brackets.





I made a sliding collar which will bear down on the main spring, once I know how much it should be compressed; it will then be fixed in place. The collar and spring will be housed in a tube which the collar has been made to fit. But I won't cut the tube until I know how much compression I need.

Next I need to make the steering block.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks very much, Chad. Yours is the first comment ever on this blog. Do I know you by another name?

    ReplyDelete

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...