Saturday, March 26, 2022

What and why?

 By way of brief explanation:

I am fascinated by the first ever cyclecar - a car built on motorcycle technology, the Bédélia, a French design from 1910. I am also crazy about cyclekarts, which are very essentially go-karts built to look like racing cars of the inter-war years - though these are not replicas but tributes, which are "inspired by" the original. Cyclekarts are single-seaters, powered by 200cc utility engines, driving on 17" Honda 90 wheels with a wheelbase as close to 66" as possible, which is what makes it particularly challenging. And everyone involved has to build their own.

I am therefore building a cyclekart inspired by a Bédélia.


Since this sketch, I have abandoned the idea of foot steering 
and now plan to have a series of UJs so that my shaft can avoid the foot-well.

Since drawing this design, I have re-shunted stuff so that the back wheels are now at the back of the car, so that while it be a lot shorter than the original, it will still have wheels in the corners.



No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...