Saturday, April 2, 2022

Sliding pillar - today's progress


I don't have a 16mm drill bit so I tack welded the top and bottom bits back-to-back and then chain drilled a hole through both with a small bit and then filed a hole. This will not be awful because I am going to weld M16 washers at both ends to give perfect holes each end.

I will be using M16 bolts with as much of the shaft smooth as possible. I think I will use high dome heads both ends.















This evening I also found a very user-friendly place to order fixings online (when Suffolk Fasteners are not available). https://www.westfieldfasteners.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...