Monday, April 18, 2022

Sub-structure

A chop-saw or sliding mitre saw like mine (with the right blade), surprisingly, can cut up to 6mm of steel! What makes it most useful is that it can cut box square. All angled cuts beyond 45 degrees must be done with an angle grinder. The last couple of days I have been measuring and drawing up my chassis. Today I started cutting it and laying it out.


I know it looks very boxy, but this will be largely covered. It also looks heavy, but I am confident that the chassis distributes the weight efficiently. It is slightly cramped in front, but the engine is in front of the rear axle, so I think my steering should be quite positive and my CofG low and central.














No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...