Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Spending and Accounting

I am being fastidious in my accounting for this project. I am not sure if it is required here in the UK yet, but the rules of racing karts in the USA are very strict, that you must account for your spending on your kart. I think this is to ensure that owners do not purchase their cars. The ethos of the sport is that to participate you must be an amateur and you must build your own car.

So I have done a spreadsheet of spending and am keeping all my receipts, which are itemised and kept in a filing cabinet. It is good to know exactly where I stand. But it is frightening quite how much it all comes to when you are starting out in this game.

I now have my steel, my engine, wheel hubs, rear axle, have ordered my torque converter (the biggest spend so far), wheels, tyres, have ordered my plate wheel and carrier, have my UJs and springs, key, hub-plates, and oilite bushes and circlips.

Total spending is now over £1,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...