Saturday, September 10, 2022

axle mount

 I have been working on the axle mount today. Lots of cutting, drilling and welding. The mount, tying the axle to the car, will slide up and down the suspension pillar and also form the steering centre. Rather than caster, this car has trail - the centre of rotation is behind the centre of the axle. On Mick Broom's advice I have set this mount up in a way that will make the trail adjustable. That means having to make the nuts and bolts accessible.

There is a secondary element which I haven't finished yet, which pushes back against the axle so that there will be no slop if the axle's trail is extended further in front of the car, away from the mount. This element will also anchor into two little holes (M8) in the axle to prevent it rotating.

 


  


I wish this system would stop mucking about with my page arrangements! 
In the editor this page looks great. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...