Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Bedelia's first outing - Sywell 2022

 


My work-in-progress kart appeared on the "Cyclekart GB" stand at the Sywell Piston and Props show at the weekend. Lucy and I had great fun with Jim Rawnsley, whose gorgeous kart, a BSA 3-wheeler, "Slippery Jim"  had its own debut, and his wife Becky; Ian, whose shiny Austin was an absolutely delicious build, also getting its first public outing, and which rightly got a lot of attention, and his wife Gilly; also Jim Tanner, who welded my front axle's stubs a few weeks ago, and who was responsible for organising our club's appearance, Andy Boulton, who kept us laughing with his lewd innuendos, and Chris Loader, who always makes me think of home because he, too, is from the West Country. We all camped together and shared a good deal of wine and beer around a campfire - well, a butane fishing heater, anyway.

People were very complimentary about the Bédélia build - all very encouraging! Shame I couldn't drive with the other guys. But my time will come. 

Jim Tanner and Ian both very kindly gave me drives in their cars. Fantastic, both of them. Trust me, you get jaw ache driving them - you just can't stop smiling.


M. Bourbeau made friends too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...