Thursday, August 18, 2022

A treasure-trove of detail

I have heard from the USA, from the chap who is selling the replica chassis and parts. He has sent me an absolute treasure trove of photos of the Bedelia and how it works. I wish to goodness I had discovered him before I started my kart, sigh! I have had to work everything out, so far, from just looking at photos of cars - not even close-ups. 

On Facebook, on a group dedicated to the marque, I did ask one chap what the dimensions of the original were and he snapped back, "It is not permitted to build a replica of the Bedelia!" and would give me no further detail. To be frank, owners of the few Bédélias that exist have been very reluctant to talk to me. I suppose because of their extreme rarity, their owners are very suspicious of someone like me showing too much interest in their cars. But I am in the process of joining Club Les Amis de Bédélia, a somewhat long-winded process (assisted by a leading light in the society), and I am optimistic that once in the club, my bona fides will be recognised.

Back to my friend in the USA, Gerron Hite. I have asked if he would mind me publishing his photos on here. He is looking for a buyer for his replica and original parts. Permitted or not, someone did build replicas, and I couldn't be more pleased, because although these are unfinished, their existence provides a wealth of otherwise very hard to find information.


No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...