Friday, August 26, 2022

How the hell will I get it out of the shed, up the path and out through the gate?

Throughout the project I have been trying to design a wheeled rig which will rotate  the car longitudinally, so that it will go through a shed door, along a path and through a gate. But I have come up with a better idea. I have made the decision to have my boat-back completely removable, to give easy access to the engine etc. But it will also mean that the rear axle can be removed by disconnecting the drive chain and unbolting the bearing assembly. This will mean easily rolling the car-body up the garden path and through the gate on a gurney. My front axle will also be easily removable.

Once on board the trailer, I can prop it up on blocks and replace axles...or I can transport the chassis strapped down, then fit axles at the track, either on the trailer, where I will have a flat surface, or out on the ground.

Phew. Problem solved


No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...