Monday, August 22, 2022

cable routes

 I have been thinking about the routing of my steering cables, and about how the right and left cables have to cross over in the cockpit and then travel vertically, attached to the chain, over the main cog, with the opposite cable paying out in the opposite direction.

Of course, they have to cross over because When you turn the steering wheel, the main cog is turning in the same direction. Turn the wheel right and you want the right wheel to be pulled in towards the car, so I will be pulling the the right cable clockwise over the left hand side of the cog, and the cable to the left wheel will be feeding out from the right hand side.

Well, I know what I mean, anyway. I need to do a quick sketch (pending)

No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...