Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Creating illusions

The original's nose (enclosing the engine) was very narrow. I have to create room in mine for my legs without making the horizontal timber running either side of my petrol tank look too wide and also need to avoid making my tank too large. So the top of the nose is very roughly the same as on the original, while the bottom is wider, meaning that my verticals have to narrow without sloping at all. At the front of the nose I use angle-iron rather than anything solid section, which meant that my feet fit down the end of the nose. The uprights holding the edge of the front of the skin have to accommodate cut-aways so that my legs are not pinched. That is what I have been working on this evening.









No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...