Monday, November 21, 2022

buck

I have been working on my buck. It is so frustrating. You do a fabulously accurate, dimensioned drawing, then as soon as you start cutting you get all sorts of errors arising from blade thickness, material thickness, etc, and a fine plan ends up looking really dreadful. But at the end of the day, this is just something to lay my metalwork over to understand where I need to stretch or shrink the aluminium to make the cowling. You also need to appreciate that the cowling will be about a centimeter shallower - when the base is removed. 

 have needed to make it slightly higher than the original, to give my hands room to move on the top of the steering-wheel, and you need to appreciate that the steering-wheel, which I am hiding under the cowling, didn't exist at all in the original.

As it stands, the buck covers more of the cockpit than it will in the end because it will have a cut-away which slopes forward on each side.







No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...