Sunday, November 20, 2022

body buck profiles

My cockpit has a rounded cowling, which I will have to hammer-form and wheel on the wheeling machine. For this I need a buck, which will be something to lay my formwork over to see if it is getting close, and to decide where I need to stretch the metal, etc. This evening I have been working out the profiles with reference to photos of old Bédélias, but also in order to fit my own particular cockpit. In particular I want to cover my steering wheel to create the illusion that the car is being driven by the back seat driver, M. Borbeau.

Incidentally, the trick here is to design only half of the profile (front elevation), then use it as a template for the other half. That gives a symmetrical profile, which is hard to achieve free-hand..





No comments:

Post a Comment

wiring the cockpit leading edge

The shape of the front dash on the rear scuttle is replicated on the front dash of the front scuttle on the original, so I made a template u...